You’re no family to me, if we’ve known each other for at least 21 years, and you’ve never contributed anything to my business, however little. Or maybe you once used to support me, but stopped along the way, due to impatience on your part, or worse …….. an expired belief in the viability of my future.
And vice versa.
And don’t you dare demand money from me!
Because I won’t oblige you!
Particularly if I have contributed my own quota to your own business in the past, while you never did any for mine!
And still haven’t …….
In recent times (and forever),
I finally decided that I’m only obligated to transact “money, value or time” with just 6 categories of people;
1. Clients (without them, I’d be reduced to nothing but a beggar).
2. Those who refer clients to me (by appreciating them through commissions and other commensurate gestures).
3. Philanthropic donations for solving genuinely, nonself-inflicted humanitarian (personal/corporate) problems.
4. Family (those who align with my definition of family).
5. My Staff & Business Associates.